Italian Chicken and Pepper Sandwich with Roasted Potatoes
Our friend John submitted this recipe and picture! You can submit your favorite recipe here.
- Potatoes (12 oz)
- Yellow Onion (1 onion)
- Green Bell pepper (1 Bell Pepper)
- Mayo (2 tbsp)
- Sour Cream (2 tbsp)
- Daily Driver Hot Sauce (1 tbsp)
- Garlic Powder (1 tsp)
- Sub Style load bread (2)
- Chicken Strips (10oz)
- Italian Seasoning (1 tbsp)
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (1/2 cup)
- Olive Oil (2 tbsp)
- Butter (2 tbsp)
- Set oven to 450 degrees
- Cut potatoes into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- Chop onion and green bell pepper thinly into strips
Potatoes and Garlic Sauce:
- Toss the potatoes on a baking sheet with olive oil, salt, and pepper to coat evenly.
- Roast the potatoes for 20-25 minutes
- In a small bowl combine the mayo, sour cream, and half of the garlic powder and the Daily Driver hot sauce.
Veggies and Chicken:
- Add olive oil to a pan for the veggies. Cook on medium-high for 5-7 minutes seasoning with salt and pepper.
- While the veggies cook melt butter and remaining garlic butter in a small bowl for the bread later.
- Remove the heat and transfer the onion and peppers to a plate
- Add more oil to the pan to cook the chicken.
- Add chicken and Italian seasoning to the pan and cook for 4-6 minutes until cooked through.
- Return the veggies to the pan stirring to combine with the chicken; remove from heat
- Halve the bread lengthwise making sure to stop halfway so you don't go all the way through.
- Spread your garlic butter onto the cut sides.
- Place cut sides up on a second baking sheet toast for 2-3 minutes until golden
- Spread bottom halves of toasted garlic buns with half of the garlic sauce.
- Top with chicken and veggies then sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
- Return to the oven until the cheese is melted to desire. 2-3 minutes
- Plate the potatoes with a side of the remaining garlic sauce and serve with salt and pepper to taste
- Feel free to spice up that sandwich with more hot sauce!